Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jeggings....

I had an interesting experience yesterday..not a GOOD experience  really...but one I thought needed documenting. For the first time in my life, I wondered...am I too old to wear this?...

Sigh.. when did that happen? I am 36 and have had 5 kids and am packing on a little padding where it once was not... true...but I still am pretty damn hot, I have to say. I know my husband is still on the Christi Bandwagon..and shouldn't that be all that matters...shouldn't it?

I do NOT feel old...I feel like I am in my prime...I am confident, I am successful and I am living a dream I never dreamed. Yet.....there is this..

Yesterday I wore a sweater with Jeggings, the sweater covered my butt for the most part..but it wasn't down to my thighs or anything, I definitely had some booty action going on. 

I think looked good, I felt good, and then all of a sudden....I was like..hmmm.....I wonder..

This aging thing is so funny because not only do we have to worry about how we look but, because we are women, we ALWAYS worry abut how we are perceived as well. 

So the question I have is how will I know? Will I know...

How will I know when I am past the "age of acceptance" will I go out gracefully or will I be one of those women. you know.... THOSE WOMEN. 

So...what is the age? Or is there an age? NO, there is DEFINITELY an age... 

I guess I just have to hope that I have at least ONE true friend, and if I am 70 and wearing daisy dukes...(with panty hose), someone will tell me it is time....

So for now, as to the question 

to Jegging or not to Jegging..

I suppose I will take a que from Erin Brockovich 

"... as long as I have one ass instead of two I'll wear what I like if that's all right with you."

1 comment:

  1. Well...you have the luxury of long thin legs....so wear them! Accentuate the positive!!!I have boobs and I try to accentuate them!!! HAHAHAHAAH!!! I will be your one friend that tells you to take it off if you promise to do the same. And tell me if I have a boogy in my nose.....

    ReplyDelete