Sunday, April 10, 2011

Battle Scars

Some kids get hurt all the time, like..Carly Jo.  Carly Jo just pops up with an "I'm OKAY" and keeps  playing. Some kids are more cautious, like Jayme.  When Jayme gets hurt, it is really a sad and pathetic deal. She is so sad...so HURT physically and has taken a big hit to her pride.  It is hard to tell which hurts worse. So you can imagine...the first big bike tumble and it was a major catastrophe.. And because I love her so much..it is a hard time for momma too!

She is refusing to go outside

She is refusing to go to school

She doesn't want anyone to see her..and she wanted to make sure I wasn't going to post these pictures on facebook..(what??)

                      hmm.. my reputation precedes me.

She didn't say anything about my blog though.. (Well...SHE DIDN'T)

It took 2 chapters of Junie B Jones, a WHOLE brownie, lots of kisses and about 45 minutes to convince Jayme that what she has are some pretty awesome battle scars.

I told her that back in the days of warriors and villages,  the warriors were judged on the greatness of their wounds and that they served to prove how brave they were. I told her that no one was going to think she was ugly..they were going to think that she was pretty darn brave.  I also told her Daddy had magic, and he could make it better quicker..

The things I can come up with....


 Well it worked and she is back in the saddle..swingset not bike just yet..but I will take it.






As for the reputation of taking my private world and putting it out there for the world to see...guilty. But she will someday appreciate it...RIGHT!? ;)



1 comment:

  1. Those look rough! And if she ever gets upset about her "bidness" being so out there...just show her my blog/FB and tell her that it could always be worse...

    ReplyDelete