Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What are you...CRAZY?

Because you are dragging me right there with you....


I want to preface this by saying I love my kids school! Oak Park Carpenter ROCKS. I like the principal, the teachers (some of them I LOVE..literally L-O-V-E), the support staff,  the parents...all of it..EXCEPT the theme days. OMGOSH THEME Days...just the thought makes me break out in a sweat. 
Spirit day, hundreds day, cowboy day, pajama day, orange day, yellow day, purple day(I am totally against purple day especially after last weekend). It isn’t enough that my kids show up in clothes...THAT ARE CLEAN. Do they REALLY have to be a certain color, and if the kids show up in the correct color....they get a PRIZE. oh the pressure... So now if I don’t find ORANGE for them.. ALL of them...to wear tomorrow...at the SAME TIME... I will have kids in tears because they won’t get the prize. 


Crappy parent alert. (Again) GEEZ can we be realistic?   How many orange shirts do you have in your wardrobe, yellow? 


This seriously stresses me out, on top of remembering share days and book reports and which day THREE different kids have PE and need to wear their tennis shoes.  (which..hmm..yeah I don't get a star for that one either) I have to find an orange shirt for EACH of them to wear tomorrow. Who makes this crap up? And why do they hate me? Is it personal? OH, it FEELS personal right now at 10:00 at night as I am STILL stressing about it! Is there some fun that I am missing out on by being a negative nelly..I am sure there is..there ALWAYS is. but it is passing right over me. So at least i admit that...right?




I have no idea what I am going to do for tomorrow..I am not sure that I have any one color enough to have all the kids wear the same color on the same day, except for RED, which I bought for the SPIRIT DAYS...but that is all I got. I wonder if I can put marker on their foreheads ...would that count? On top of it all I am volunteering in Jayme’s class tomorrow, so I get to be there and look out into the sea of orange to see Jayme with a orange stripe on her head. That is assuming I can find an orange marker around here somewhere. If you see my kids with a orange line on thier heads..tell them you think it is awesome!

By the way, these are pictures of Annabelle, hijacking my computer tonight while I was at School. I am posting them because she is the apple of my eye. and it’s my blog and I can. She used photo booth and found setttings I didn't know existed. smarty pants...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment