Friday, May 20, 2011

Gluten-Free Corn Muffins

I was scared to try this, I am not the baker in the family, but it was really easy and the kids love it. The test for an easy baking recipe is.. Can Christi do it? (sad but true) Cooking is a different story... but I digress ..
This is a sweet cornbread and has a great texture.
 I will do it again, but I will add more honey.




 

Of course.. they didn't seem to mind...





1 cup  yellow cornmeal
1 cup white rice flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons local organic honey
2  eggs
1 cup water 

Mix together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk eggs and add applesauce, oil honey, add dry ingredients mix well add water a little at a time until desired consistency. (I didn't use a full cup)


Put paper muffin cups in a muffin tin (or use a very-well greased muffin pan without paper wrappers). 
Bake on 350  for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment