Thursday, June 9, 2011

Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space.

I heard this from "Oprah" don't judge me, but sometimes I really enjoyed her.

 I have been thinking a lot about this lately, not only thinking about it but meditating on it ... if you can call it that. I am actively trying to become a better person, a better wife, a better mom, and today, as I was dreaming about a quiet house, crabbing about how no one would follow directions and putting my third load of laundry into the washer. I had a wake up call. (or an aha moment..) What was I doing? Didn't I realize how lucky I was. What was wrong with me... and then...was my piss poor attitude helping, or hurting the situation? well.. duh...

The more I thought about this the more I realized that my attitude set the tone for my whole house. It is very rare that my kids will have bad attitudes, if mine remains good. It would be impossible for them to have a bad day, if I was having a good one. So I came up the stairs with a renewed spirit.

I am taking responsibility for the energy I am put out into my house today, and so far it has sucked. So, I am changing it.

My children are annoying only if I allow myself to think it, because in reality they are precious little creatures who only want to please. I need to allow them to please. I am going to be present, and be positive and continue to  help build in them characteristics of patience, forgiveness and love. The only true way to teach this is by example.

So, now I will hug, I will read a book, we will go on a walk and look for walking sticks. I will be responsible and I will be an example of what I want them to be.

So I am calling a do over...Today starts.. NOW!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was recently thinking along the same lines. Like why do I always start off with the negative when I'm talking about my life, my child, etc. Why do I jump to the annoyance phase so easily with this girl sometimes? It's just what we've been training ourselves for, I guess. But kudos to you for changing that energy. I'm impressed and I'm sure it will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminded me a lot of one that I read recently and that's been on my mind a lot...check it out:

    http://thehappiestmom.com/?p=761

    ReplyDelete